Store Best Deals

Thursday, April 9, 2009

What Does Your Horse Trailer Say?

Every time I pull into a horse camp where the rigs are parked so people can camp and ride, I see the dandiest things painted on the trailers.

The sides of many trailers, both gooseneck and bumper pull, are painted with the name of the owners/riders. "The Richardson's, Steve and Deeda" comes to mind. Some are plain type, a few have a logo or cartoon picture.

Some add a home base location under the names, much like boats have the name of the port painted under the name. It's always a toot to "ride the camp" looking at what everyone else is driving and/or pulling. I have seen vistas of forests and sunsets and even brands.

I have also seen some with the front painted, either the gooseneck part that sits over the pulling truck or the top part of the bumper pull that shows when meeting another vehicle. That's nice, but If I did that I can imagine how long it would take each trip to keep my name "bug free".

The big billboard, however, is on the rear. The part the people following you have no choice but to read. What is there, more than anywhere else says what you are all about.

I followed a big gooseneck into a camp recently with both back doors covered in shiny chrome or stainless. The sun was just right and the glare almost blinded me. Who knows if there was anything to read, I was having trouble keeping the laser beam of the sun out of my eyes. When I buy a new one you can bet the chrome won't be on the back doors.

One of the first rear-door billboards I ever saw, said "Stay Back - Show Horses" It was a two horse tag along in need of some fender body work and a new coat of paint. The wheels didn't match either. I can bet what kind of show those horses put on.

The truck stop is a good place for ideas. They also have safety signs and tape. That red and white reflecting tape looks good on the back, especially at night. I saw a back door the other day that had one of those big 18 wheeler signs on it "Caution Wide Turns" with a picture of a car crashing into a left turning truck and trailer.

Another one said "If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you". I like that. How about "Live Cargo on Board - Horses" and "Please stay back - Don't be what you see"?

Then there was the one that had two words across the whole width of the trailer "Caution Horses". Each word must have been a foot high and three and a half feet long. But wait, there's more. Underneath that was a monster picture of Yosemite Sam, the Warner Brothers cartoon character with both rootin' tootin' pistols pointed at me and underneath two more really big words "Back Off". That told me a lot about the owners. I found it refreshing, informative and with a sense of humor. I never met them but I can bet that's the kind of people they were.

What your horse trailer says can say a lot about you, and may be a factor in whether or nor your camp neighbors come over to introduce themselves.

Check out Powerful & Effective Horse Training Techniques of Old Time Master Horse Trainers http://MasterHorseTrainingSecrets.com

2008 BIG Mike McDaniel. BIG Mike is a lifetime member of the Indiana Trail Riders Association and a long time horseman. Read hundreds of articles at http://HorseBackRidingArticles.com

SD990 Canon Buy
Buy SD990
Canon SD880 Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Store Best Deals

Welcome to Store Best Deals